Open Season! 
Sunday, June 26, 2011, 10:59 PM
Posted by Administrator
Have a few trips planned towards the end of the season and there are a few things that need TLC on the rig. First, the fuel pump needed replaced on the Genset. A generic Napa 610-1051 proved to work just fine.



Dad noticed the main fuel tank was loose, so he pulled the tank, repaired the mounts, replaced the filler hose and re-ran the vent. I gave the tank a good coat of rubberized undercoating.



The storms that came through earlier this year did some minor damage. I've repaired most of the damage, still have to fix some wiring on one of the side cameras.



And the solar equpment is going to get a major upgrade before the end of the year, you'll want to keep an eye out for that project!
view entry ( 3173 views )   |  permalink

Water Level Indicator 
Sunday, August 1, 2010, 11:30 PM
Posted by Administrator
Trying to figure out how much water was left in the water tank was a royal pain in the rear, so I kicked out a quick circuit and probe to indicate the water level with the push of a button.




view entry ( 3222 views )   |  permalink

Rear Storage 
Sunday, August 1, 2010, 09:23 PM
Posted by Administrator
We use to use the genset box area for firewood and a fire ring. Adding the generator kinda took away some valuable storage so we decided to mount a box on the back bumper. The main issue doing this was you couldn't get the rear door open after the box was mounted, so we made it slide out of the way.





We also stuck the fire ring on the back bumper too.

view entry ( 1551 views )   |  permalink

In the hole! 
Saturday, July 24, 2010, 11:45 PM
Posted by Administrator
The generator has been completely rewired, repainted and appears to be running just fine. The wires in the bell of the generator were old, cracked and the spade connectors were not holding anymore. All of it was replaced. The generator hole has been insulated, and the generator is bolted in. Brake line was used for gas line and T'ed into the main fuel tank. All that remains is the starter wire and its been ordered.



As for the transfer switch, I already had an IOTA-30 configured for the inverter, I added a second relay to the box and now its a 3 way transfer switch. Seems to work very well and ended up being a clean looking setup.



I quickly figured out the relay was 120v, DC, not AC. So had to add a diode bridge to make it work.
view entry ( 1151 views )   |  permalink

The Onan Genset. 
Sunday, July 11, 2010, 08:01 PM
Posted by Administrator
I've had this for a while but haven't made any time to start to work on it. Took the cover off the genset and found some loose wires, also found a mouse nest inside the generator head and one inside the control panel on top. But nothing looked harmed other than a few wires that were chewed on.




view entry ( 958 views )   |  permalink


| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next> Last>>